Welcome to a very special episode of the Post Traumatic Parenting podcast! I’m so excited about today’s episode because I had the chance to sit down with Kimberly Shannon Murphy, an incredible stuntwoman and gifted author of the book Glimmer.
In our conversation, we dove deep into the profound impact of generational trauma and post-traumatic parenting. Kimberly opened up about her personal journey of overcoming incest and how this experience shaped her life and approach to motherhood. This episode is not just about survival but also about breaking cycles of generational abuse and forging a new path for our children and future generations. While we do touch on sensitive topics, our conversation is ultimately one of resilience, healing, and hope.
Whether you’re taking your first steps toward healing or you’re further along on your path, joining us today could be a pivotal point in your own narrative. Tune in, and perhaps even ignite the spark for your personal healing journey.
Topics covered on Healing From Generational Trauma:
- How did Kimberly’s experiences with abuse shape her journey into motherhood, and what does she share in her memoir “Glimmer”?
- What were the biggest challenges Kimberly faced when trying to parent her daughter?
- Breaking the cycle of generational trauma and providing a healthier childhood for our children.
- The body memories and the physical aspects of trauma in our everyday lives and on parenting.
- How can we reclaim our bodies and lives after experiencing trauma?
- The power of sharing personal stories in generational trauma.
- How does the concept of forgiveness play a role in healing from generational trauma, and is it necessary for everyone?
- How can we use our trauma as a springboard for growth and healing, rather than letting it define us?
Connect with Dr. Robyn Koslowitz:
- Website: www.drrobynkoslowitz.com
- Instagram: @dr.koslowitzpsychology
- Facebook Group: Post Traumatic Parenting
- Post Traumatic Parenting Guidebook
Connect with Kimberly Shannon Murphy:
Resources from this episode:
More about Post Traumatic Parenting:
“How can I give my kids a normal childhood, when mine was anything but?” Post-Traumatic Parenting is the podcast for anyone who has ever asked themselves that question. Robyn Koslowitz, Ph.D., clinical psychologist and Post-Traumatic Parent, combines the fields of post-traumatic recovery and growth with our best understanding of how to raise Little Humans. Through interviews with experts in the fields of behavior science, psychology, trauma, and child development, as well as interviews with toy developers, children’s book authors, and anyone else who makes childhood a delight, Dr. Koslowitz explores how trauma impacts our parenting, and how to hack our traumas into superpowers and super-parenting.
Each week, Dr. Koslowitz unpacks how to survive and thrive as a Post-Traumatic Parent. She shares behind-the-scenes insights into the research that underlies what we know about parenting, child development, and trauma recovery. Each podcast provides actionable tips about how to transform our Post-Traumatic Parenting and how to turn our parenting journey into a post-traumatic growth experience. Dr. Koslowitz interviews some of the famous names in these fields, and some experts you’ve never heard of (but should have!). Ready to go from survivor to thriver? Ready to become the parent you’ve always dreamed of being? Join us!