Psychology Today Articles
- The 4-Letter Words Undermining Parent ConfidenceTwo four-letter words and one four-letter acronym describe why so many parents struggle with confidence.
- It's Time to Embrace the Term "Psychodiversity"The time has come to embrace divergence, not dysfunction, as a model for psychological functioning. A case for using the term "psychodiversity," as opposed to the pathology model.
- "My Kid Is Stressed!" An Rx for Stress Without Side EffectsWe've always known reading to kids is beneficial. New research demonstrates the mechanisms by which it lowers stress. This has some major implications for parenting all kids.
- Help! I Had a Panic Attack in Front of My Kids, Now What?It can be difficult to talk to children about our own trauma, but we can't always avoid it. Here are some guidelines on how to do it.
- Turning Your Trauma Into Superpower With Stephanie Chandler
- What they don’t tell you about PostPartum Life & Trauma with Chelsea Bodie of @mamapsychologists
- Defending Young Minds from Online Predators with Kristen A Jenson
- Post Traumatic Parenting and Shame with Dr. Patti Ashley
- The Beyond Behaviors Approach to Parenting with Dr. Mona Delahooke