Post-Traumatic due to divorce? You’ll want to hear what Dr. Ann Buscho has to say. She’s a psychologist and an expert in “Nesting,” a form of divorce where the kids stay home and parents rotate in and out. Her book, The Parent’s Guide to Birdnesting, is a roadmap to the only truly child-centered divorce possible. You can find her and her book at https://drannbuscho.com/ Here’s my review of her book: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/targeted-parenting/202012/book-review-the-parents-guide-birdnesting
- The 4-Letter Words Undermining Parent ConfidenceTwo four-letter words and one four-letter acronym describe why so many parents struggle with confidence.
- It's Time to Embrace the Term "Psychodiversity"The time has come to embrace divergence, not dysfunction, as a model for psychological functioning. A case for using the term "psychodiversity," as opposed to the pathology model.
- "My Kid Is Stressed!" An Rx for Stress Without Side EffectsWe've always known reading to kids is beneficial. New research demonstrates the mechanisms by which it lowers stress. This has some major implications for parenting all kids.
- Help! I Had a Panic Attack in Front of My Kids, Now What?It can be difficult to talk to children about our own trauma, but we can't always avoid it. Here are some guidelines on how to do it.
- Defending Young Minds from Online Predators with Kristen A Jenson
- Post Traumatic Parenting and Shame with Dr. Patti Ashley
- The Beyond Behaviors Approach to Parenting with Dr. Mona Delahooke
- Divorce and Post-Traumatic Parenting with Dr. Ann Buscho
- Distraction and the Post-Traumatic Brain with Nir Eyal